Saturday, March 21, 2015

Why I love rocks

I wrote this a year ago for my mom for a website she writes on.

I was doing laundry one day and a rock fell out of my eight year old daughter’s pocket. When she got home from school I asked her why she always has rocks all over. Why she love collecting so many rocks. Her answer amazed and inspired me. Brooklynn has many goals; one is to be a writer. I asked her to write down her answer, because it needed to be heard. The following is what she wrote.

“I love to collect rocks, because they are all different. Sometimes they are weird looking, but that does not mean something is wrong with them. When they are cracked open they are different from the outside and beautiful. My favorite rock is from St. George. It was gray and ugly. I turned it over and it had pretty crystals. Just like people we shouldn’t judge on the outside. Look at everyone’s beautiful and unique inside.”
 

I am so proud of my tender hearted girl. If we could all look at people, like she looks at rocks. The world would be a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment